This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Vexillologist of the Year
Last modified: 2012-05-22 by rob raeside
Keywords: fotw | voty | vexillologist |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by Edward Mooney
Each year the award of Vexillologist of the Year is made to a worthy
individual on FOTW. The award was conceived and introduced by Edward Mooney in
early 1999, who was at the time list-master.
- The nominee will be a recognized member in good standing.
- The nominee will be nominated by a member in good standing.
- No-one may nominate him/herself.
- The nomination must be seconded (or a second nomination made) by a member
in good standing.
- Nomination can be for any service that contributes to the FOTW purposes.
- The role of the nominee for which the nomination is made should be briefly
explained by the nominator.
- Service can be for a specific project, or for a leadership role.
- Voting will be by secret web ballot.
- A simple high vote will determine the winner.
- The winner and top three vote-getters are announced.
Past winners of the Vexillologist of the Year are:
- 1998: Edward Mooney for services rendered in support of the mailing list
and editing of web pages.
- 1999: Dov Gutterman for his extensive vexiferreting of the Internet and
contributions to uncovering flags
- 2000: Pascal Gross for his graphical work in Swiss communal flags
- 2001: Željko Heimer for his scholarly and graphical
contributions to provide accurate national flags based on
Album des Pavillons (2000)
- 2002: no award
- 2003: no award
- 2004: Rob Raeside for his long term as director
- 2005: António Martins-Tuválkin; as former list master, tireless critic,
precise editor, and promoter of quality on the FOTW website
- 2006: Christopher Southworth for his continued and tireless work on the
Dictionary of Vexillology
- 2007: David Prothero for his work on the research of the British maritime
flags, his continuous contributions about ensigns and his scholarly mastery
of the UK Public Records
- 2008: Jarig Bakker for his relentless service to FOTW in providing
graphics of municipal flags and his long-standing editorial duties.
- 2009: Ivan Sache as the quintessential, ideal FotWer - a keen, prolific,
and meticulous contributor, editor and listmaster
- 2010: Eugene Ipavec for
his relentless giffing without which FOTW almost would run dry, as well as
for his apt comments.
- 2011: Valentin Poposki who has been prodigious in
locating images of flags across the web, particularly in the area of
municipal flags of the USA and Canada and being pivotal in bringing new
members to the FOTW list and encouraging of all those who seek out flags. A